Sunday, October 4, 2009

New New New New NEW!!!

Hey guys! I'm finally back with an update after a seemingly short-lived summer. It was all fun while it lasted, but I guess it was inevitable that we'd all have to go back to school eventually.

Anyway, I'll begin talking about what happened during the summer. First and foremost, I was able to meet some really awesome people from across the country. We all became great friends through Stickam.com. Mainly the people I met were huge fans of the popular internet show "Friday Night Cranks". So we would mostly talk frequently, and since we had no worry about school during the summertime, we talked until the early, early hours; Like the time when old Disney show reruns come on, early. So I've kept in touch with most of them since we met, and again it was really awesome meeting and making friends with all these people, especially 4 in particular =P

Next during the summer, I got the chance to visit my mom for a few weeks. About 2 to be exact. It wasn't much at all, but hey, it was better than nothin'! I was really happy I was able to see a lot of my family on my mom's side in Arizona, and I was glad to know everyone was doing fine. My cousins and half-sisters in particular were excited to see me. My Step-sisters as always though, ended up being so excited to the point of annoyance and irritation. I have learned to cope with it though, since I know they're just my hyper-sugar-hyped siblings =D

*WARNING*
The following is a LARGE rant about why my time at my mom's house was a disappointment. Read at your own attention span's risk.

There was one thing that I was disappointed about during my stay in Arizona though. The night before I had to leave back home to California, my mom had a birthday party. For about 3 or 4 hours, the party began as "G-Rated", and any un-invited kids were allowed to roam free in the house. After those hours however, most of my family left, and just my mom, her husband and her adult friends were partying. This late, "non-G Rated" part included some alcohol, and people began getting a little loopy after around 10:30 PM. Prior to this craziness, I was talking with some of the people I had met through stickam on the phone. After we finished talking, I had decided to go to bed. As hard as I tried to get sleep there were a couple of things stopping me:

1) It was freaking FREEZING in the room I was going to catch sleep in.

2) My mom & her friends were still partying at about 2:30 AM.

By this point, most everyone had had a tad bit too much to drink. I was mostly on the verge of calling my dad, who was already in Arizona waiting to pick me up.

But I didn't call my dad. I was more frustrated than I was scared of the crazy adults partying down the hall from the room I was sleeping in. I was frustrated that my mom would have rather done this than spend some last-minute time with me.

You're probably asking though "She drinks and parties, what's the huge deal?". Well for one thing, some questions answer themselves, and another thing, she's a christian woman. Not the same Christian woman from a year or two ago though, when she thought anything to do with drinking, partying or trick-or-treating was not of the bible. She seemed almost different. I couldn't tell if it was for the better or for the worse. Seeing it however from her point of view, it was my mom's birthday party. I didn't want to seem selfish by telling her all this though.

All I wanted to do before I had left Arizona though was to have some sort of quality time with my mom, at least to go have dinner with the adults, or maybe go as a family to the "Fun Factory" amusement park in town. But that didn't happen. I'm guessing probably because of the budget they were on and because of the amount of time I was staying.

The next morning after finally getting some sleep from the loud partying, I was even more frustrated to find out how hard my mom and her friends had partied. Two people ended up passing out in the living room. Me, going to check to see if my Wii had been packed, went inside and the first thing I noticed was that the room reeked incredibly of alcohol. Making things a tiny bit more saddening was the fact that I didn't get to really say "See Ya" to my mom.

*END RANT*

But now, I think I can finally forgive her. I'm not going to stop talking to my mom just for that, but I hope it won't happen again, or for sure I'll have to say what's on my mind.


The Next thing that happened over the summer was that my dad and I FINALLY moved away from those menacing witches. We found ourselves a house to rent in central California, and we've been adjusting pretty well. I mean the first few weeks of school were kind of scary for me, because I had to try to make friends and adjust to the wonky schedule they had there, but eventually I got the hang of things and I've made a couple of new friends now.

As for the friends I met over the summer through Stickam, we still talk frequently. Of course, not as often as during the summer. I remember always waking up, and making my first priority to find out which of my friends was live on Stickam. Now they seem to barely have time for that except on weekends or on some nights because of school starting. But I still keep in touch, and try to talk to one of the group every day either through IM or phone.

But I think that's about all that's happened since my last update. Now school is rollin' rollin' rollin' and I'm tryin' tryin' tryin' to get by. So far so good, as my grades are A's & B's!

Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment